Friday, September 16, 2016

June Moonbridge: When you love what you do…

Welcome to June Moonbridge who tells us how she fits her writing into her life and what works for her.

It came to me one day. The desire to sit down and write again came to me so powerfully that I was just unable to ignore it. That was the time when I finally made up my mind and decided to try and
write my next novel in English. That was around three/four years ago.

I was published before. I have had my first three novels published at the start of the millennium, but then – as they say – life got in a way. In a way I could never imagine. For almost a decade I pushed aside that part of me. Finally, somehow life sorted itself out and I was able to accept so many things I didn't know about me and with that also the knowledge that – in fact – there is still a writer in me. There, I said it. Out loud.

My days usually start early in the morning, at five am. Although I'm not a morning person – bleurgh – I'm forced to get up that early so that I get to my office on time. Although many people think my writing 'time' starts at 10pm – that is usually when I finally manage to sit down and let my fingers dance with the keyboard – that is not so.

My writing day starts almost immediately when I leave the house. While driving to (and of course back) from work, my mind is basically working full time. Observing the world that passes me by, thinking of the next scenes or even the last one in my novel(s), plotting. Letting myself be inspired by so many things around me, I basically become a sponge while I'm behind the wheel of my car. Unfortunately that's also the problem, as most of things I'm unable to write down and by the time this is possible – things are forgotten or changed – several times.

Not being a morning person, that means, I never was able to write in the morning. Of course it happened several times that I wrote the whole night and was scared by my own alarm clock in the morning, but I never considered that as writing in the morning.
As most writers that haven't yet given up their day job, I had to adapt. Knowing the only time I could write was/is at nights, I did. When I write and work it means I sleep three or four hours per day. Simple.

The week has seven days and to be honest I don't write every day. I don't write an exact number of words every day. That's just not me. That's the solemn reason I could never commit to the NaNoWriMo month and I don't. And I'm fine with it.
I write when my muse calls. That can be seven days (nights) per week or only one or two. It also depends how my 'other' 17 hours went. The difference up to 24 hours per day is divided to sleeping time and actual writing time.

So many people ask me, how can I live and work with only three or four hours of sleep per day. I usually answer that question in an extended way. Not anymore.  
... It came to me one day. The desire to sit down and write again came to me so powerfully that I was just unable to ignore it....
It's simple; when you love what you do, nothing is impossible.

All That the Heart Desire
At twenty-five, Desire Hart has experienced enough grief for a lifetime.
Changing everything in her life - her identity, her hometown and her country of residence, Desire is determined that nothing will prevent her achieving from finding her missing son. Not even love.
On a spring evening, she meets the golden boy of F1 racing, Lorcan Shore, and finds herself falling

for him. Struggling to suppress her feelings, she realises he could help her get closer to the child she believes is her long lost son.
But nothing goes according to plan. Her identity is revealed by the press, Lorcan has a terrifying accident, and the trail to her son finishes in another dead end. So Desire does what she does best - she runs away.
Set against the glamorous backdrops of Monaco, Paris and Nice, ‘All That the Heart Desires’ mixes romance and mystery as Desire struggles to come to terms with her past.
Will she learn to accept love into her life again?

Available on Amazon worldwide as an e-book or paperback


About June:
June joined the RNA in 2016 after her debut novel in English was published.
Working in a mainly male-dominated businesses; she can choose the best steel for your project, but please don't ask her which lipstick brand you should use.
After having two children, and learning her second child has autism, she married their father and carried on working. Work and family life left her with little free time. But the desire to write didn't die…

Links:

Thank you June. Such an interesting piece and shows how we all write in different ways


If you would like to write for the RNA blog please contact us on elaineeverest@aol.com


2 comments:

June Moonbridge said...

Thank you for having me on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Congrat's June!!! So happy for you.Damijana